Frustrated by your Instax Mini 9 camera flashing all the lights? It’s an intimidating sight and one that can be difficult to decipher. But fear not, you now have the information you need to quickly diagnose and fix this issue, allowing you to get back to capturing memories with your beloved camera! With a few simple checks and the tips provided in this guide, it won’t be long before your Mini 9 is up and running again.
What are the Flashing Lights on Instax Mini 9?
Mini 9, like other digital cameras, has a range of LED indicators that can be seen when taking photos. The lights will flash and alert the user if it detects any errors or malfunctions with the device.
What Causes All Lights Flashing?
These are usually caused by a dead battery or an internal malfunction in the camera’s hardware. This could be due to dust and dirt buildup inside the camera or a defective component inside the camera body.
How to Fix All Lights Flashing on Instax Mini 9?
Here are some steps that you should take:
- Clean dust off the lens and body of your Mini 9: If there is any dirt accumulated inside the camera, this could cause all lights to flash. To clean the lens and body of your camera use a soft cloth dampened with water or alcohol wipes.
- Replace dead batteries: Replacing dead batteries should be the first step when fixing flashing on your camera.
- Insert another compatible memory card: If you are using a different memory card than what comes with the camera, it is possible that they are incompatible.
- Try resetting the camera: Turn off the power switch and hold down both the shutter button and power switch for several seconds simultaneously until you hear a beep sound.
If the issue persists seek professional help or contact the manufacturer for assistance.
Check the battery
The Mini 9 requires 2 AA batteries to operate. Flashing lights could mean that your battery is low or drained. Replace them with fresh ones.
Clean the lens
Make sure that the lens of your Mini 9 is free from dirt, dust, and smudges. Wipe gently. Check the viewfinder too to make sure there are no obstructions preventing you from taking a photo.
Reset the camera settings
To reset your Mini 9’s settings, press and hold down the power button for 10 seconds.
Check the shutter release button
If you suspect that your shutter release button may be stuck or jammed, try pressing on it with a pen or pencil tip until it releases. Do not apply too much pressure to the button as this could damage your camera.
Things That Cause Instax Mini 9 Blinking Red and Orange Lights
Most of the time it’s an issue with either the printer head or the battery.
- Printer Head Issue
- The most common causes for printer head issues are dust or dirt on the print head or in the paper tray. All you need to do is give your printer head a good cleaning and make sure there’s nothing obstructing it from printing properly.
- Battery Issues
- It’s important to ensure you are using the correct batteries for your camera and that they are in good condition.
- Other Issues
- Other issues can include a faulty shutter button or a malfunctioning lens assembly. In either case, it’s best to have your Mini 9 serviced by an authorized technician who is trained to handle these problems.
By following these tips and tricks, you should be able to identify and fix any lights flashing on the camera in no time! If you need further help with troubleshooting, don’t hesitate to reach out to an authorized service. They will be able to provide more detailed instructions on how best to repair your camera.
Shows The Charging Status of The Flash
The flashing of all the lights usually signifies that the flash is going through its charge levels. Depending on the number of flashes, you will then be able to determine whether it’s completely charged or not. If it’s just a single light blinking, then the battery has been fully charged and ready for use. However, if all three lights are flashing together, then the flash is still charging and needs some more time before using it. You can also unplug and re-plug your Mini 9 in order to reset the charging status.
Dead Or Expired Batteries
Flashing lights could be an indication of dead or expired batteries. To resolve this, you can try replacing the batteries. To do this, you need to locate the battery compartment at the back of your camera and remove the two AA batteries inside. Once these are out, replace them with new ones and close up the battery compartment again. Then turn on your camera and check if it works properly.
If doing this doesn’t resolve the issue, then there may be another problem causing your camera’s lights to flash.
There are several other potential issues that could cause all of the lights on a camera to flash. It’s possible that the camera is malfunctioning due to a faulty shutter button or lens, or a loose connection somewhere in the circuitry. To fix these problems, you may need to take your camera to an authorized service center for repair.
If you want to try troubleshooting yourself before taking it to a service center, you can check out our guide on diagnosing and repairing Instax Cameras for some useful tips and tricks.
Placing The Batteries In the Wrong Orientation
If you get all lights flashing error, one of the most common causes could be placing your batteries in the wrong orientation.
When you insert the AA batteries into the camera, ensure that they are correctly lined up so that their negative (-) and positive (+) ends are facing the right direction. If you inserted them incorrectly or flipped them around after inserting them, then the camera won’t be able to read the battery properly and will display an error message like “all lights flashing” or “low power”.
If this is the case, all you need to do is take out the batteries and put them back in correctly to get your Mini 9 working properly again. Ensure that the positive end of each battery is facing towards the inside of the camera. Try using a diverse set of batteries.
Why does my Instax Mini 9 not turn on?
Exhibiting all lights flashing behavior could mean that there’s an issue with the lens cap switch. This switch tells the camera whether or not the lens cap is still on. If the switch has become loose or damaged, then it won’t be able to communicate properly with the camera and this can cause all of its lights to flash continuously.
Fortunately, this isn’t a difficult problem to fix and you don’t need any technical knowledge. All you need is a screwdriver and some patience! Simply remove the 4 screws located around the edges of the lens cap, and unscrew them until they come off. Once these screws are removed, you should be able to lift up the top portion of the lens cap and pull it off, revealing a small switch underneath.
Once you’ve exposed the switch, all you have to do is adjust it until the lights on your camera turn off. You can do this by pressing down on either side of the switch with your fingers or a screwdriver. Keep adjusting until one side gets pushed down, and then check if the lights are still flashing. If they’re not, then that means you’ve successfully fixed your Mini 9!
If this method didn’t work for you, don’t worry – there are still plenty of other things that could be causing your problem. It’s always best to contact an authorized service technician who can help diagnose and repair any issues with your camera.
How Do I Activate my Instax Mini 9?
The first thing you should do is check that your camera is properly activated. Activation only requires a few simple steps:
- Insert two AA batteries and make sure they are level with each other. Batteries should be lithium or alkaline for best results.
- Press the power button on top of the camera to turn on your Mini 9 and wait for it to finish booting up.
- If necessary, press the “Mode” button until you see a green light indicating that your Mini 9 is in standby mode.
- Take a photo by pressing the shutter button – this will activate your camera. 
Once your Mini 9 is activated, you can begin taking photos! If flashing persists after activation, try resetting the camera.
If you find yourself in need of further assistance with activating or troubleshooting, contact Fujifilm support for more specific advice.
Tips for Instax Mini 9 All Lights Flashing Troubleshooting
If your Instax Mini 9 camera is experiencing all lights flashing problems, there are a few steps you can take to fix it.
- First, remove the batteries and re-insert them correctly – ensure the positive (+) and negative (-) symbols are on the right side of each battery.
- Next, check that all film packs have been inserted properly with both green indicators facing up and aligned with the two arrows on either side of the slot.
- Make sure that any lens attachments or filters have been installed correctly by checking for any signs of damage or interference caused by incorrect setup.
- Finally, clean your camera’s contacts using a soft cloth to ensure no dirt is preventing a secure connection. 
If these tips don’t resolve the issue, contact your local camera repair store for further assistance. They’ll be able to offer more in-depth troubleshooting and repair options if necessary.
Why won’t my Instax Mini stop blinking?
If your Instax Mini is blinking, it could mean that there is an issue with the camera. This could be due to a number of issues including incorrect usage of the camera; power supply problems; outdated software; or even damage to the camera. To diagnose this problem, you should check the flashing lights on your Mini. If they are all flashing at once, then the issue is most likely related to a faulty camera component. 
If this is the case, we recommend taking your camera to an authorized service technician who can conduct further troubleshooting and provide expert advice on how best to repair your device.
How do I reset my Instax Mini 9?
If you’ve been struggling with the Mini 9 all lights flashing issue, then don’t worry – there is a way to reset it! Resetting your camera will help resolve any potential technical problems that could be causing the error message. Here’s how:
- Turn off your Mini 9 and remove the batteries.
- Wait 10 seconds before reinserting the batteries and turning on your camera.
- Press and hold down both the shutter button and power button simultaneously for 3-5 sec until you hear a clicking sound from inside the camera indicating that it has been reset.
- Your Mini 9 should now be successfully reset and ready for use.
If you’re still experiencing issues after resetting your camera, please reach out to customer service.
Why are all the lights flashing red on my Instax camera?
This problem is often caused by the camera being put in the wrong mode, such as when it’s been set to ‘selfie’ mode or other special modes. It can be caused by low battery power or if you haven’t used your Instax camera for a while. 
If this happens to you, don’t worry! There are several easy steps that you can take to fix this issue and get your Instax camera up and running again.
What to do when your Instax Mini 9 is not working?
When your Mini 9 is not working, the first thing to check is if all lights are flashing. It is an indication that something is wrong with the camera and needs fixing. A few simple steps can help you troubleshoot and ensure your camera stays in perfect working condition. Read on for some helpful tips on fixing a flashing Mini 9.
- Make sure the batteries are installed correctly – Check to see if they are properly installed by removing them from their compartment and reinserting them correctly, making sure each battery’s metal contacts are touching those of the other batteries in the compartment.
- Turn off and then turn on the power switch – Sometimes switching it off and then on again can reset the camera and get it working properly.
- Check the lens – Make sure there is no dust or dirt on the lens which may be causing it to malfunction. Wipe off any buildup using a clean, soft cloth.
- Reset your camera’s settings – If all else fails, resetting your Mini 9’s settings can help resolve any errors with its functioning. This will cause all of the lights to flash rapidly and the camera will restart with default settings.
Hopefully, these tips have been useful in helping you get your camera back up.
Useful Video: FujiFilm Instax Mini 8 TroubleShoot (All lights blinking SOLVED |MINI 8 VS MINI 11 |ALICIABLIFESTYLE
When you have Instax Mini 9 all lights flashing, do not worry. There are several simple and effective fixes to try before having to resort to taking it in for service. First, double check that the film pack is correctly installed and remove any obstructions or foreign objects that may be causing a problem. If this does not solve the issue, try changing out the batteries or resetting the camera. These tips will be useful to get your camera working again quickly!
We hope this guide has been useful! For more great photography tips and tricks, check out our other articles on our website. We wish you happy snapping!